Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
Course information for Learners
- What is PTLLS?
- PTLLS is a Level 3 vocational qualification that will show that you are able to plan,
prepare and implement learning in your subject area.
- Who is it for?
- Anyone working in Further Education, Adult & Community Learning or Work Based
Learning who teaches, trains or assesses learners.
- Why do I need it?
- Teachers, tutors or trainers in Further Education, Adult & Community Learning or in
Work Based Learning are now required by law to hold an initial teaching award. redrook
provides the accredited qualification you need.
- What will I learn?
- Teaching and learning approaches
- Lesson planning
- Practical tips to improve your teaching
- How to deal with potential problems
- Help with resources
- Assessment techniques
- How to progress to Associate Teacher Learning and Skills (ATLS) and Qualified
Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
- How will I be assessed?
- You will complete a number of short, manageable assignments including being
observed teaching/training. redrook tutors are friendly and approachable and have all
worked in lifelong learning for many years. They will give you all the support you need to
- When and where do I need to attend?
- The course is delivered in 12 taught hours over 8 weeks, with start dates to suit learners. The
teaching is via 'blended learning' - a mixture of face-to-face, online, email and telephone contact.
You will need to attend three taught group sessions (two half days and one full day at
convenient venues in East Anglia). You'll complete the rest of the course at your own pace
with a range of resources, and email and telephone support from your personal redrook tutor.
- What qualifications do I need?
- None, but you must have a qualification or experience in your subject area.
- Is it an accredited course?
- Yes, the awarding body is EDI - one of the largest awarders of accredited vocational qualifications
in the UK, which has been involved in providing qualifications for employment for over 100 years.
- How much does it cost?
- £500 per learner. This covers all costs including registration, teaching, assessment and
certification. Discounts are available where there are 10 or more learners from one organisation or
where employers are able to offer premises for the taught sessions.
- How do I apply?
- Phone us on 01449 737733 to discuss your individual requirements. A redrook tutor will complete
the application with you.